|Editor-in-Chief:||Dr. Andrew J. Bobilya, Western Carolina University|
|Managing Editor:||Dr. Raymond Poff, Western Kentucky University|
The Journal of Outdoor Recreation, Education, and Leadership...
...(www.ejorel.com) is published through a joint partnership between the:
- Association of Outdoor Recreation and Education
- Wilderness Education Association
- WKU Research Foundation
New Manuscript Submission Categories
We are pleased to announce the following changes
- Regular Papers: (a) quantitative and/or qualitative research findings & (b) conceptual or theoretical discussions
- Essays, Practices, and Commentaries: critical essays; best practices; and commentaries related to philosophies, historical perspectives, policies, pedagogy, or reviews of outdoor education and leadership.
- Research Notes: research studies presented in a condensed format or research studies which: (a) extend the understanding of a previous research study, (b) comment on prior research, (c) provide a methodological contribution, and (d) replicate or fail to replicate reported results.
The journal's mission is to improve outdoor recreation, education, and leadership through the publication and dissemination of peer-reviewed manuscripts centered on professional practice, research, and theoretical discussions.
The Journal of Outdoor Recreation, Education, and Leadership encourages manuscript submissions from authors inside and outside of academia.
To contact journal staff, please visit the About this Journal page.
Current Issue: Volume 7, Issue 1 (2015)
Constraints, environmental intentions, intuition, and sanitation: Editors’ notes
Andrew J. Bobilya and Raymond A. Poff
Parental perceptions of constraints to family participation in nature-based, outdoor experiences
Katie Shaw, Denise M. Anderson, and Bob Barcelona
Do children increase their environmental consciousness during summer camp? A comparison of two programs
Margaret Ann Garner, Elizabeth Doster Taft, and Cheryl L. Stevens
Participant impact of the conservation corps experience
Mat D. Duerden, Michael B. Edwards, and Robin Lizzo
Essays, Practices and Commentaries
Sanitation procedures and policies among university climbing walls in the United States
Erik Rabinowitz and Eric Frauman