|Editor-in-Chief:||Dr. Andrew J. Bobilya, Montreat College|
|Managing Editor:||Dr. Raymond Poff, Western Kentucky University|
The Journal of Outdoor Recreation, Education, and Leadership...
...(www.ejorel.com) is published through a joint partnership between the:
- Association of Outdoor Recreation and Education
- Wilderness Education Association
- WKU Research Foundation
New Manuscript Submission Categories
We are pleased to announce the following changes
- Regular Papers: (a) quantitative and/or qualitative research findings & (b) conceptual or theoretical discussions
- Essays, Practices, and Commentaries: critical essays; best practices; and commentaries related to philosophies, historical perspectives, policies, pedagogy, or reviews of outdoor education and leadership.
- Research Notes: research studies presented in a condensed format or research studies which: (a) extend the understanding of a previous research study, (b) comment on prior research, (c) provide a methodological contribution, and (d) replicate or fail to replicate reported results.
The journal's mission is to improve outdoor recreation, education, and leadership through the publication and dissemination of peer-reviewed manuscripts centered on professional practice, research, and theoretical discussions.
The Journal of Outdoor Recreation, Education, and Leadership encourages manuscript submissions from authors inside and outside of academia.
To contact journal staff, please visit the About this Journal page.
Current Issue: Volume 5, Issue 3 (2013)
Advancing theory and improving practice: Editors' notes 5(3)
Andrew J. Bobilya and Raymond A. Poff
The effects of in-depth outdoor experience on attitudes toward nature
Masahiro Okada, Taito Okamura, and Koji Zushi
Outcomes associated with a university outdoor adventures women’s canoe trip
Joanna Libby and Cynthia Carruthers
Environmental factors affecting the predicted decisions of backcountry skiers: An examination of the obvious clues method decision aid
Nate Furman, Wynn Shooter, and Jonas Tarlen
Recreational deer hunting tree stand injuries in the USA: A brief review
Phil A. Bishop, Nathan A. Frischmann, and Eric J. Jones