Misbehavin' presents jazz classics rendered by John Cipolla and Doc Livingston on clarinet and piano. The CD was published in Bowling Green in 2005.
1. Moon Ray / Artie Shaw
2. On the Sunny Side of the Street / Dorothy Fields & Jimmy McHugh
3. Willow Weep For Me / Ann Ronell
4. It Don't Mean a Thing (If You Ain't Got That Swing) / Duke Ellington and Irving Mills
5. Body and Soul / Johnny Green
6. Blackstick / Sidney Bechet
7. On a Clear Day / Alan Jay Lerner & Burton Lane
8. Deep Purple / Peter DeRose
9. You'd Be So Nice to Come Home To / Cole Porter
10. Comes Love / Lew Brown, Sammy Stept & Charles Tobias
11. Lady Be Good / George Gershwin
12. Ain't Misbehavin' / Thomas "Fats" Waller.
John Cipolla is a member of the WKU Department of Music where he teaches clarinet and saxophone. A graduate of UNC Greensboro, Rutgers and Eastman School of Music, he came to WKU after working professionally in New York for nearly twenty years.
WKU grad David "Doc" Livingston has been playing since childhood and professionally since age 15. He taught band in the high schools of Harlan, Lee and Franklin Counties before returning to WKU to teach until his retirement in 1990.
Western Kentucky University, Playing Our Song, Jazz, Clarinet, Piano