Comments

Published by permission of Landmark Association.

Abstract

Author writes of her personal experiences growing up in an historic house in downtown Bowling Green, Ky. Built in 1844, this house served as a private residence, an overnight guest house, the headquarters for Johnnie Massey Clay, President of the Cumberland Presbyterian Church's Women's Missionary Society, and apartments for senior adults, small families and young professionals. Over the years, what was originally a two room over two room Greek-revival townhouse built in the popular Flemish bond brick pattern had at least four additions and was renovated for creative reuses.

Disciplines

American Art and Architecture | Architecture | Cultural History | Historic Preservation and Conservation | Other History | Public History | Social History