W.E.Webb Place Slave Quarters, Presently known as Chapel Place. This structure is located 3.75 miles N of Route 216 on Meredith Creek Road in the Vernon Quad. It was built in 1858 and was the center of the Blythe community and riverboat landing on the Cumberland River. Here there was a good amount of commercial activity and lodging for river passengers. Pictured here are the frame slave quarters.
MSS 203 B11 F4 #80
Monroe County, Kentucky, W.E. Webb, slave quarters, Blythe community, river lodging