Two-story brick house with gable standing seam tin roof and two end chimneys and full length two story Italianate porch on the front facade built ca. 1855. For many years the home was used as a natural history museum which closed in 1922.
The house was owned by Dr. George Duncan, son of Sanford & Nancy (Hammond) Duncan. Born in 1826 he attended Cumberland College. When the college moved to Lebanon, Duncan moved to Bowling Green to study medicine with doctors Briggs and Wright. He went on to graduate from Louisville Medical University. Duncan came to Franklin in 1859.
Southern Kentucky, Simpson County