Horse Shoe Camp is an excellent example of motel architecture from the 1930s. The tavern / office building was the first building erected on the site in the 1930s by owner operator J.L. Cornwell. Originally serving as a beer tavern, later it became the office, filling station, gift shop for the motel complex. In 1952 the Cornwell family sold the property to P.L. Forrester. Horse Shoe Camp was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1997.
Southern Kentucky, Warren County