Advisor(s) - Committee Chair
Lee Jones, Finley Grise
School of Teacher Education
Master of Arts
The specific aims of the study are:
- To survey the schools in Monroe County - the one-room rural schools, the two-teacher schools and the consolidated schools.
- To show the percentage of attendance and percentage of failure in different schools and the cost per pupil attending.
- To show the relation between teachers qualifications and teachers pay.
- To study the transportation system; figuring the cost per pupil per mile.
- To make general recommendations based on data obtained.
Arts and Humanities | Education | Educational Administration and Supervision | Educational Assessment, Evaluation, and Research | Educational Leadership | Elementary and Middle and Secondary Education Administration | Elementary Education | History | Public History | Secondary Education | Social History
Goad, William, "A Study of the Public School System of Monroe County" (1953). Masters Theses & Specialist Projects. Paper 2412.
Educational Assessment, Evaluation, and Research Commons, Educational Leadership Commons, Elementary and Middle and Secondary Education Administration Commons, Elementary Education Commons, Public History Commons, Secondary Education Commons, Social History Commons