An exhibit originally curated by Sue Lynn McDaniel in 2002 to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the recording of Trying in Van Meter Hall. The exhibit opened May 11, 2002 and ran through January 3, 2005. The original exhibit was underwritten by Integra Bank.
Bobbie Ann Mason Collection - portions lent to the Kentucky Library & Museum for preparation of exhibit, all materials have been returned to her.
College Heights Herald - search by date
- Caldwell, Mac. "Sacca Now 'Trying' for Uncle Sam," March 20, 1953
- Crouch, Donna. "Doo-wop Student Group Remembers Early Days of Rock 'n' Roll," March 22, 1988
- "Four Western Musicians Hit National Spotlight," June 27, 1952
- "Hilltoppers Appear Here in Program," May 22, 1959
- "Hilltopping the Charts," October 22, 1998
- Lee, Grace. "From the Hill to the Hit Parade," October 29, 1981
- "Western's 'Hilltoppers' Continue as Singing Hits," December 11, 1953
- "Western Music Student Joins The Hilltoppers," December 12, 1958
Jackson, Carlton. P.S. I Love You, Lexington, KY: University of Kentucky Press, 2007. Call # ML421.H54 J33 2007
Louisville Courier-Journal - available on microfilm
Park City Daily News - available on microfilm