Pleasant J. Potter College for Young Ladies opened in 1889 and was named for Pleasant J. Potter, who donated the balance of funds required to complete the college building on the southern edge of town. The hilltop campus occupied the current site of Western Kentucky University's Cherry Hall. Benjamin F. Cabell, formerly of Cedar Bluff College, served as the school's only president. Potter College closed in 1909 and its campus was sold to Western Kentucky State Normal School.
Warren County, Education