A Methodist Society was organized in Bowling Green in 1819. One year later the group constructed a building on Center Street. In 1844 the congregation divided over slavery and states' rights, and the local church became the Methodist Episcopal Church, South. The factions remained divided until 1939. The present structure at 1101 State Street was built of Warren County limestone.
Warren County, Religion