Van Meter Hall was the first building constructed atop College Hill for the fledgling Western Kentucky University. Designed by Louisville architect Brinton B. Davis, the imposing structure was dedicated on May 5, 1911 after numerous delays. The building contained the university’s administrative offices as well as a large auditorium suitable for chapel services and a public space for speakers and other performance events. One hundred years later, the building was renovated, providing the campus with an outstanding public events venue.
Higher Education | Historic Preservation and Conservation
Recommended Repository Citation
Jeffrey, Jonathan. (2010). “21st Century Makeover”. Arts & Letters, 1 (2010), 22-25.
Available at: http://digitalcommons.wku.edu/dlsc_fac_pub/42