Publication Date

10-5-2016

Comments

This collection is archived in Manuscripts & Folklife Archives at Western Kentucky University; 270-745-6434; mssfa@wku.edu

Abstract

Finding aid only for Manuscripts Small Collection 3059. Letter, 1 September 2016, to friends of the South Union Shaker Village, South Union, Kentucky, soliciting funds for the purchase of two acres of land and a building, known as the 1854 Wash House or Sisters Shop, for preservation and interpretation by the Village. An enclosure provides a history of the Wash House and includes photographs.

Disciplines

Architecture | Christian Denominations and Sects | Historic Preservation and Conservation | Religion | United States History

Share

COinS