Golden Rule Store - J.L. Durbin opened the Golden Rule Store on Park Row in September 1898 with a $500 inventory. Durbin named his store for the bilblical Golden Rule - the principle upon which he operated. A family-run business, J.L. Durbin & Company moved to 923 College Street in 1914 where it operated until 1976.
Postcard of the J.L. Durbin & Company Dry Goods Store that was located on Main Street next to the Potter Opera House.
Warren County, Kentucky, Department Stores