In 1797 Robert Moore donated two acres of land to Warren County for public buildings. Over the next several years a courthouse, jail, stock and pillory, clerk's office, marketplace and stock pen were erected on the plot. When the present courthouse was constructed in the late 1860s a park was built on the old public square. A stone fountain stood in its center. In 1881 a fountain made of cast iron replaced the original.
Fountain Square Park, Bowling Green, Kentucky.
Warren County, Kentucky, Early History