Bowling Green's Odeon Hall opened in 1866 as an auditorium for local productions. In 1887 banker and entrepreneur Pleasant J. Potter bought the building and operated it as Potter Opera House. He booked local and traveling theatrical productions and concert artists en route between Louisville and Nashville. A fire destroyed the opera house on July 3, 1899;rebuilt, the facility continued to provide area residents with entertainment. The Potter family sold the building in 1906. The renamed Bowling Green Opera House closed in 1925.
Play program for Under Old Glory, Potter's Opera House, December 9, 1898.
Warren County, Recreation