Highohkie Baptist Church. This structure is located at the NW junction of Bugtussle and McDonald Road in Fountain Run. The church was formally organized in 1891, but a structure was built in 1894 when Sam Patterson donated land. In, 1908, the church voted to change its name from Highohkie to Akersville Baptist Church. The original structure stood until 1950 when it was replaced by the present brick structure.
MSS 203 B11 F3 #18
Monroe County, Kentucky, Highohkie, Highokie, Sam Patterson, Akersville Baptist Church