Students participating in a physical education class in the Health & Physical Education Building.
A Physical Education program was first listed in the 1911 catalog. The department moved to the College of Health & Human Services in 2001 and has been renamed Kinesiology, Recreation & Sport.
An intramural sports program began in 1946 offering basketball and football clubs for students. In 1965 the program was expanded to eleven sports. By 1967 Frank Griffin had been appointed to head the Intramural Sports program.
Ernest Miller 1932-1933
William Solley 1965-1970
Western Kentucky University, Health & Physical Education Building (WKU), Margie Helm Library