Advisor(s) - Committee Chair
Lee Jones, N.O. Taff, Finley Grise
School of Teacher Education
Master of Arts
It is the purpose of this study to determine the supply of certified teachers from Western Kentucky State Teachers College. From data compiled at the institution concerning the number of certificates issued, the number at present in effect, and the employment of the certificate holders, this supply will be ascertained. The study undertakes to answer the following questions:
- What has been the nature of certification of teachers in Western Kentucky State Teachers College?
- How many teachers certificates issued by the institution are now in effect?
- How many of the certificate holders are at present engaged in teaching?
- What per cent of those certified to teach are engaged in other occupations than teaching?
- What per cent of those certified to teach, and not engaged in other occupations, make up a part of the potential supply of teachers for positions in the public schools of Kentucky?
Curriculum and Instruction | Education | Educational Administration and Supervision | Higher Education | History | Human Resources Management | Social History | Teacher Education and Professional Development | United States History
Ashby, James, "Status of Certificates Issued and Employment of Certificate Holders at Western Kentucky State Teachers College" (1932). Masters Theses & Specialist Projects. Paper 1858.
Curriculum and Instruction Commons, Educational Administration and Supervision Commons, Higher Education Commons, Human Resources Management Commons, Social History Commons, Teacher Education and Professional Development Commons, United States History Commons