Advisor(s) - Committee Chair
Burt Smith, Lee Jones, Finley Grise
School of Teacher Education
Master of Arts
The present problem is fivefold:
- To determine the status of Kentucky city school superintendents with reference to professional training, educational experience and tenure.
- To determine the facts regarding the financial support and compensation and economic status of Kentucky city school superintendents.
- To determine the social and professional status, as shown by the facts gathered, and the activities in which the superintendents engage.
- To determine the status of the city superintendents with reference to their powers and duties granted by the boards of education.
- To compare the status of the city superintendents of twelve years ago with that of the present time.
Education | Educational Administration and Supervision | Educational Assessment, Evaluation, and Research | Educational Leadership | Elementary and Middle and Secondary Education Administration
Martin, John, "The Status of the City Superintendent of Schools in Kentucky" (1947). Masters Theses & Specialist Projects. Paper 2588.