Title

1927

Creator

WKU Archives

Preview

image preview

Creation Date

1-1-1927

Description

Faculty Wives Club founded by WKU's first lady Bess Cherry

L&N Railroad spur constructed to deliver coal directly to the heating plant

The temporary Manual Training Building burns

Industrial Education Annex built

November 5 - first homecoming complete with open house, alumni luncheon and football game against University of Louisville. Final score WKU 7 - UL 6.

November 19 - Ogden College agrees to lease property to WKU for 20 years. The original Ogden College campus included about 8 acres on 14th Street and Nashville Boulevard and a 140 acre farm on Cemetery Pike.

Keywords

Western Kentucky University

Share

Image Location

 
COinS