Title

Keen Hall

Creator

WKU Archives

Preview

image preview

Creation Date

1968

Description

Date Built - 1967-1968
Dormitory 8
Cost of Construction -
Architect - Frank Cain

Namesake - The building was named after Douglas Keen who was a member of the Board of Regents from 1958-1970.

History - A split level residence with a seven story wing containing 130 rooms while a four story wing includes 79 rooms. In the middle of the two wings, there is a lobby and a lounge.

Park City Daily News:
"Charred Paper Latest in Series of Fire-Related Incidents at Western, "April 16, 2001, p. 6A
Willis, Justin. "WKU Arson Reward Offered," March 1, 2001, p. 1
"Work to Start on Western U. Dorm," Jan. 31, 1967

Keywords

Western Kentucky University

Share

Image Location

 
COinS