Julia Franklin designed the seal to be used for the Class of 1911's class ring. It was approved by Henry Cherry as the official seal of the college. It features the ground-level archway beneath the facade of Van Meter Hall in the center. Around it is the statement "The Spirit Makes the Master" used by Henry Cherry at chapel programs and in conversation. The outer circle bears the motto and school initials: Life More Life WKSNS. This seal was used until 1948.