Building Name - Academic Complex
Date Built - 1967
Dedicated - Oct. 10, 1970
Cost of Construction - $2.7 million
Gross Square Feet: 118,728
Building No. 47
Architects - Ben Johnson and Frederick St. Clair, Owensboro, KY
E.H. Canon Wing named in honor of WKU's registrar E.H. Canon who served in that position from 1925 to 1959. The name was approved by the Regents on July 8, 1969.
R.G. Cochran Wing named in honor of Robert Cochran, dean of Public Affairs & Public Relations between 1948 and 1971.
L.Y. Lancaster Wing named in honor of L.Y. Lancaster a member of the Biology Department from 1923-1960.
Park City Daily News:
Academic Building Bid $1,674.692, July 23, 1967
Bid Opening Set Today on WKU Academic Building, July 21, 1967
Contract is let for University Building, Aug. 24, 1967, p.1
New Academic Complex at Western, July 30, 1968
New WKU Building to house Clinic, Sept. 9, 1966, p. 1
Western Plans New Academic Complex, Aug. 8, 1967
WKU Gets Grant for Building, Apr. 2, 1967
Regents Okay Increase in Western Complex, Oct. 30, 1966
New WKU Building to House Clinic, Sep. 27, 1966
Bid is Received of $2.7 Million on Western Job, July 25, 1967
Western Kentucky University